Thursday, July 01, 2004

Blogs gone wild

The New York Post Online Edition is reporting on a new DVD release: "Guys Gone Wild".

From a cultural point of view, it's hard to judge whether this is simply brand extension of "Girls Gone Wild" to a larger audience or the first wave of the inevitable cultural counter-attack against the "Girls Gone Wild" phenomenon. My guess is that the concept will only reach overexposure when you start seeing things like "Pets Gone Wild" or "Babies Gone Wild" hit the stores.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure if there is much of a market for "Guys Gone Wild" in the first place. I live in a college town, so if I really wanted to see something that is "like 'Jackass' but with naked frat boys", I could just walk home on a Friday night during the school year after the bars close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home